If you are seeking this information then you have probably installed something that has made your Eee PC un-useable or it is stuck in an infinite reboot loop.
This "How to" is specific to the EEE PC 701 4GB Xandros Netbook Linux version and will show you how to reinstall the system to factory defaults without a USB or CD-ROM (This may or may not work for your specific asus eee version but please know that you are proceeding at your own risk.).
To do this reset you will need to access SINGLE-USER MODE to fix your system.
Ok, Lets get started.
How to start SINGLE-USER MODE
1. Turn off your Eee PC. If your system has locked and you cant shut down or restart via the user interface, then press and hold the power button down for about 5 seconds. This will shut the eee pc down.
2. Now press the power key to start your eee pc.
3. As soon as you see the start-up screen with the Eee PC logo and the message that says "Press F2 to enter setup" at the bottom of the screen, you must begin to press the F9 key repeatedly. If you miss the screen and you don't get taken to the Grub boot menu which has the following three choices:
Perform disk scan
Restore factory settings
, just reboot and start pressing or hold down the F9 key as soon as you have finished pressing the power on button.
4.The Grub boot menu has three choices:
*Normal boot (should be highlighted)
*Perform disk scan
*Restore factory settings
Use the arrow keys to scroll down to the "Restore factory settings" line then press enter.
5. A prompt telling you that you are about to restore to factory settings will pop up.
Type "yes" to continue then press enter. Please note that all the data on your eee pc will be deleted so if you can make a backup of anything you need, do that before you get to this step.
6.The system will now format the drive. When done it will prompt you to press enter to reboot. Do so.
7. After rebooting it will ask you to accept the License Agreement. You can then enter your user-name, password, select your keyboard layout and time zone.
The system will then reboot and presto, you are back to your original settings.
8. At this point it is a good idea to set up your Internet connection and download the latest system updates. You can always browse through the eee user forums to find out if a certain updates are necessary or not.
To learn how to enable advanced graphical user interface mode for the eee pc read this article: How to Enable Advanced Desktop Mode on an Asus 701 EEE PC.